AtThe Adeyfield Academy, we are committed to ensuring the safety of all of our students at all times. With the advent and rise of technology, it is of paramount importance that we make both parents and students aware of potential online dangers and where they can find support.
Online safety, often referred to as Internet or E-Safety, is about how you can stay safe whilst online. It encompasses all technological devices which have access to the internet, ranging from mobile phones to games consoles. If you have any worries, concerns or questions about your child and their online safety, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In addition, we have listed some useful websites and documents that may provide additional support.
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and careers from the NSPCC)
- KIDSONLINEWORLD.COM (Outlines the current platforms and apps popular with children)
Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online? Click below to utilise the CEOP facility to tell the police about potential harm.