IT is now a key part of our daily life therefore we believe it is essential to invest in the very best IT resources for the education of our students.
We are constantly developing our facilities to support our changing curriculum and accommodate advances in technology. We have recently invested in updating our computer rooms, laptop access for each faculty area and a supply of chrome books and IT resources are available in the LRC. Our strategic aim is to ensure that all students have access to the resources they need to take full advantage of a 21st Century learning experience, making full use of existing and emerging technology.
Our IT technical team work hard to make sure that students have access to all of the resources they need for all aspects of their curriculum. Computing is taught discretely in lessons but also across the curriculum so high level IT capability is very important.
With IT growing rapidly throughout the school we are regularly improving and developing our hardware and software resources to meet the needs of our diverse group of pupils.
Our IT Facilities include:
- Four Dedicated IT Rooms and a dedicated Sixth Form study area with networked laptops
- Five trolleys of laptops used by all curriculum areas
- LCD projectors and a PC in every classroom
- Interactive whiteboards in most of our classrooms
- Access to work from home through Google Classroom and Google Drive