Careers Guidance, Employability and Enterprise Education
We want our students to be as well prepared and informed about the world of careers and the labour market as we can.
The Adeyfield Academy provides high quality support and guidance for all students about the world of work, employment and training opportunities available to them.
Our programme is based on fully implementing the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks of good careers advice:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of the workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Our programme is delivered through designated PSHCE lessons, curriculum drop down days, employer engagement events, Work Shadowing and Work Experience, visiting speakers and work place visits.
All students have access to our Herts YC advisor, with targeted appointments for students in Years 10, 11 and Sixth Form. Parents and carers are welcome to attend these appointments with their son/daughter.
To enhance our provision we also work closely with the Careers and Enterprise Company and an Enterprise Advisor who review the Careers, Employability and Enterprise provision provided to ensure we are fully meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks.
The dedicated careers office has all the information students need to find out about GCSE courses, Sixth form options, courses at college, Apprenticeship opportunities, University prospectus’, and job opportunities.
Information on the Local Labour Market can be found here.
Links you may find useful
- Paths To Professional Careers (A Parent's Guide) 2020
- Uni Taster Days
- Getting to grips with money
- National Careers Service
- YC Hertfordshire
- Apprenticeship: Parents' Pack: National Apprenticeship Service
- February 2020 - Study & Careers Magazine
- Real stories to inspire your career
- Looking for that perfect career?
- BBC Bitesize Careers
If you would like to assist with a careers event or to share your own career journey with our students please contact us by email at: email@example.com or call 01442 406020 for the attention of Imogen Walbank.
The Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership and the Careers and Enterprise Company have created a careers portal all about careers and other opportunities within Hertfordshire.
Aimed at ages 13 - retirement the website is full of information for any students (or adults) who are looking into local employers that they can connect with, or work for.
View the website here